The tangerine is an orange-colored citrus fruit which is closely related to the mandarin orange. Tangerines are smaller than common oranges, and are usually easier to peel and to split into segments. The taste is considered less sour, but sweeter and stronger, than that of an orange. Tangerine dried peel contains a lot of vitamin A, it`s a kind of traditional Chinese medicine. Tangerines are a good source of vitamin C, folate and beta-carotene. They also contain some potassium, magnesium and vitamins B1, B2 and B3. Also contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
1. Hesperidin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, hypolipidemic, vasoprotective and anticarcinogenic and cholesterol lowering actions.
2. Hesperidin can inhibit following enzymes: Phospholipase A2, lipoxygenase, HMG-CoA reductase and cyclo-oxygenase.
3. Hesperidins improve the health of capillaries by reducing the capillary permeability.
4. Hesperidin is used to reduce hay fever and other allergic conditions by inhibiting the release of histamine from mast cells. The possible anti-cancer activity of hesperidin could be explained by the inhibition of polyamine synthesis.
1. Applied in food field, various foods are used it as the materials;
2. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is made into tablet or capsule, which is often used for eat less and coughing much sputum;
3. Applied in cosmetic field, many sorts of orange peel oil can nourish the skin.